Nammasj and Gådoktjåhkkå (II) and the Rapa

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A second image of Gådoktjåhkkå with Namasj and Ridok in the foreground.

BW_4881.jpg

The clouds are really spectacular, and make the photograph all the more powerful.

BTW, this is not a b&w version of the same scene in colour. You will realise if you look closely at the clouds. It is two different images taken at different times.

I wish there was slightly better tone separation in the highlights, but stellar nonetheless.

it shows such vastness

Thanks all :)

I wish there was slightly better tone separation in the highlights, but stellar nonetheless.

I know what you mean. This in particular hurts the snow in the distance. Not sure if that might be a result of the haze which turned it all in a fuzzy mushy mass with low contrast.

Actually I take that back. My monitor's gamut isn't wide enough to display the full range of tones all at once, but I can see the detail when I angle the monitor. That said, this is an excellent example of where the print really matters. I'd find myself a stellar bw only inkjet printer and some hahnemuehle museum rag, or have a large bw negative made and contact print it. Of course I'd prefer the latter but that's just how I roll.

well, I guess I cannot judge it really either since I have to work with my poor laptop screen.

My proper EIZO is in my car, well padded, as is my computer since I am on the move ;) Hopefully by Sunday I can look at my own images properly. But haze was a problem in that image still.

Wow... this and your other one you posted are both amazing.

I'm not sure what the title says, but its a great picture!

I'm not sure what the title says, but its a great picture!

Thanks, lol, Gådoktjåhkkå is the large mountain group in the background, Nammasj is the single mountain in the valley, used to be a sacred place. And Rapa is the great river in the valley. The name of the valley is Rapadalen and here basically all the water from the glaciers of the Sarek mountain region ends up and flows further into a big lake (Laitaure) and then in rivers further into the lower parts of Swedish Lapland..

The image is take from Skierffe, almost 700 metres above the valley.

wow, i love all your shots, this one is no different...spectacular!

Most reactions

Back