Nanoo nanoo

TheUniverse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My greeting may not tell you exactly my age but it should tell you that I am neither 17 nor 25. Either that or it won't mean a darn thing to you, lol. Because, yes, to many, more and more everyday, I am a dinosaur.

It is especially true when it comes to photography as I am from the age of silver. Some years back (10? 15?) I bought a digital camera for snapshots/family pictures (Nikon CoolPix, I think) and that worked just fine for me but when I finally got a digital SLR, it was a different story...

I could never get into it. This camera that I still have probably has less than 30 clicks on it but nobody would want it today, I imagine.

Anyway, I am interested in getting back into photography (the silver/negative type) and here I am, to see what is going on, if anything, in that world.

Now, for a very short version of my bio...

I am an artist (photography and painting) who has not done anything in years. I went to the Corcoran in WDC and had a few shows in the same city. After a few years trying to make a living with my art, I got hungry and started working "regular" jobs. And little by little life took over and art kinda disappeared.

To the point where, some years ago, I destroyed everything I still had. Cut up negatives and prints. Burned canvases. By accident, a few things survived. Including 2 photos and I may be able to scan one for your enjoyment. The other is a B&W print that I don't think would look like anything with my cheap scanner.

All that to say, don't be surprised if I talk more than I show. Then again, in this digital world, it may be for the best.

Later.

TU

Welcome to the forum. The only silver in my photography these days is my hair.

My greeting may not tell you exactly my age but it should tell you that I am neither 17 nor 25. Either that or it won't mean a darn thing to you, lol. Because, yes, to many, more and more everyday, I am a dinosaur.

It is especially true when it comes to photography as I am from the age of silver. Some years back (10? 15?) I bought a digital camera for snapshots/family pictures (Nikon CoolPix, I think) and that worked just fine for me but when I finally got a digital SLR, it was a different story...

I could never get into it. This camera that I still have probably has less than 30 clicks on it but nobody would want it today, I imagine.

Anyway, I am interested in getting back into photography (the silver/negative type) and here I am, to see what is going on, if anything, in that world.

Now, for a very short version of my bio...

I am an artist (photography and painting) who has not done anything in years. I went to the Corcoran in WDC and had a few shows in the same city. After a few years trying to make a living with my art, I got hungry and started working "regular" jobs. And little by little life took over and art kinda disappeared.

To the point where, some years ago, I destroyed everything I still had. Cut up negatives and prints. Burned canvases. By accident, a few things survived. Including 2 photos and I may be able to scan one for your enjoyment. The other is a B&W print that I don't think would look like anything with my cheap scanner.

All that to say, don't be surprised if I talk more than I show. Then again, in this digital world, it may be for the best.

Later.

TU

There are a few of us silver junkies around still :) You still have any of your film gear?

I found the tutorial on posting images but nothing that I saw about sizes. What is the best size to set the images at?

I found the tutorial on posting images but nothing that I saw about sizes. What is the best size to set the images at?

Thinking of who's on the other end viewing and with what device:
1024 on the longer side is a nice size but will be large for the laptop users.
640 is great for the laptop users but kinda small for the desktops.
800 is a nice compromise?

Joe

edit: That's in pixels. When posting photos to the Internet no other measure is relevant.

Welcome, I have one regret that still bothers me, getting rid of all my 35mm gear during a fit of clean out before a major move. All I can say is "shazbat"

Welcome, I have one regret that still bothers me, getting rid of all my 35mm gear during a fit of clean out before a major move. All I can say is "shazbat"

Don't. Regrets are useless. But if you look on this as, maybe, a sign of something, maybe you will move on to something greater. Like 4x5, or pinhole photography, who knows?

I have no regret about my destruction. I've started painting again last year and should be back in a darkroom before the end of the year, maybe next. But I'm glad I don't have my old negs because I want to do new work. And I don't think I see things, life quite the same anymore...

Most reactions

Back