nargeela

maxbennett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my friend took a trip to the middle east (which is a big deal, living in the middle of canada), and brought back a nargeela (hookah). i took this photo when he got back. i pushed the iso a little bit but it turned out for the best.

nick_huka.jpg

any coments?

(for all of the narcotic agents out there, he's smoking sweet tabbacco)

PS... this was taken with a very old olympus om-1, so old that the battery for the light meter is both dead and they don't make them anymore, so this was an estimated exposure.

You should take the moment where there's more smoke around, this way it looks like he is playing some music instrument :wink:

Also, it looks either slightly out of focus or you used too slow shutter speed handheld.

yeah if there was smoke above the pipe and the face was farp it would be amazing. now it is ok :)

i like the grain and how is face is all a shadow on the right side. i might choose a different setting though. (the window and siding in the back, and the blurry object in the foreground)

yeah, i took one with different parts in focus, like one with the coals in focus, and him out of focus. i took a bunch with the smoke around, but the smoke just covers his face, and it ends up looking kind of stupid, the smoke is far too thick to see through.

the one i took with the coals in focus, and him out of focus was with his sisters k1000 (with b/w film). i don't know why i took it with her camera, i may never see the turnout of it. we must have been smoking it for a little too long

Most reactions

New Topics

Back