Narnia day

puzzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few more pictures from last month, this time a snow fall that had every single branch and twig completely covered, so that when I looked out of my window it reminded me of Narnia :blushing:. Even had a lamp-post :lmao:. These are the better ones, taken through my window. I looked at boosting the contrast in PS, but to be honest I thought the shots straight from the camera gave a better impression of the greyness and the sky still full of snow.

Thanks for looking :)

29-12-05-007-snow2.jpg

29-12-05-008-snow2.jpg

beautiful! but, what, no satyrs in scotland to get in the photo for you? ;)

:thumbup:

JTHphoto said:
beautiful! but, what, no satyrs in scotland to get in the photo for you? ;)

:thumbup:

Thanks JT! Alas, no, I think someone shot them all. There are plans afoot to reintroduce a small breeding population from outer Mongolia though.....:lol:

Raymond J Barlow said:
I thought Scotland was always Green!

Parts of it are Ray! Parts of the highlands are always brown and bleak, other parts are always purple and blue (heather). I live in the north east, the nearest city Aberdeen is known as the Granite city because all the buildings are built from grey granite. On a grey day it is the most depressing sight - but when the sun hits it sparkles. Within 30 min of my house I can get to cliffs, forests and glens - I'm going to have to dig out some pictures I took during the summer now!

Great shots puzzle. Love the second shot. Im with Ray....I never thought of Scotland as a really snowy place either. I think , cause of all the pics I have seen it is always green. Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks Chiller! We're quite close to the arctic circle here, but being an island does temper the climate so we don't get much of the extreme cold weather that Canada can get, for example.

That second one is really lovely!
Seems like you had more snow this winter than we ever got.
It is the Gulf Stream that accounts for our mild winters, despite the degree of latitude we are at (and we here are further south here than you are!!! More like the London latitude).

Most reactions

Back