Nasal hair

Oh I see. Nose hair is no longer flavour of the month and we poor nasally hirsute are expected to go back to suffering in silence. Well we want our voice. We want to be able to stand up and without shame tell the world that we our follicaly over-endowed in our cavities - and I'll do it but only if you go first ;-)

Hertz van Rental said:
Oh I see. Nose hair is no longer flavour of the month and we poor nasally hirsute are expected to go back to suffering in silence. Well we want our voice. We want to be able to stand up and without shame tell the world that we our follicaly over-endowed in our cavities - and I'll do it but only if you go first ;-)

I think that is the funniest thing I've read in a while!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: the buscuit vs. cookie thing, I saw this on a site warning about such misunderstandings.

An American woman visiting New Zealand was asked what her favorite hobbies were by the family she was eating dinner with. She answered, "Rooting for the local football team," being a fan of American football and unaware that "root" was Kiwi slang for having sex.

The teenage boy at the table asked, "What? The whole team?"

That reminds me of when I was an exchange student in Australia. I finished a meal and said "that was great, I am stuffed". Apparently "stuffed" there means pregnant, not full. :oops: And I was only 16.... :lol:

Oh we have misunderstandings between the different parts of UK. Baps, cobs and rolls cause endless confusion even before you consider their slang meaning.
I understand the Wars of the Roses was mainly about how you pronounce 'scone'.... ;-)

There was a short film about that. Looked like it was made by students. It only lasted a minute.

Had cars in it to. I could never figure out why...

*wonders if anyone will pick up on that. Hopes they won't.*

Lol Ali .....I either say " I'm stuffed " or " i'm full " ..... I've never heard of being pregnant referred to as 'stuffed ' tho :shock:

And , yeah , it always makes me chuckle or smirk when someone says they 'root' for a team ;) :lol:

Maybe it's a regional thing? I was in southern Australia, Port Pirie

Mark told me he embarrassed himself several times in casual conversation when he first moved to NZ..... :LOL: He learned fast, though.

I knew this thread would be worth the read.... :p

Luminosity said:
Lol Ali .....I either say " I'm stuffed " or " i'm full " ..... I've never heard of being pregnant referred to as 'stuffed ' tho :shock:

And , yeah , it always makes me chuckle or smirk when someone says they 'root' for a team ;) :lol:

I guess that explains American root beer then :D

Most reactions

Back