www.claffie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
NASCAR Busch East Series, Lime Rock Park, Aug. 17-18 2007

070818ac09.jpg

070818ac12.jpg

070818ac25.jpg

070818ac30.jpg

I know my sensor needs cleaning, some day I'll lose my wimpiness and just get in there and do it.

I really like #2 & #3. I'm going to the VIR at the end of the month and hope to do half as well as you have.

Very nice action shots! Could you make the colors pop? JMHO.

Very nice action shots! Could you make the colors pop? JMHO.

This is something that's been frustrating me lately. The picture comes out of the camer very colorful and remains that way through my meager Photoshop processing, then when I instruct it to "save for web" it sucks the life out of the pic every time. I suppose I could super-saturate the photo in Photoshop and then when I go to 'save for web' it'll get knocked down to about where it should be, but that seems pretty counter-productive. I guess figuring this stuff out will be a winter project here.

Save your fullsize image, then resize to post here. Don't bother with the "save for web" button.

Let's see

070818ac09.jpg

vs

30lrp.jpg

Well the orange certainly does seem more orangey, but by saving the image full-size I lose the ability to sharpen the photo. guess it's a trade-off.

Why can you not sharpen full size? I seem to be lost, don't understand why it makes a difference.

I sharpened the more colorful #30 car when it was full-sized in Photoshop and then reduced the size with the Windows powertool image resizer - the 640-wide pic just doesn't look as sharp, especially around the lettering on the rear quarter and the screen mesh in the front grille.

On a completely unrelated subject, I'd like to know how those who pan moving cars can get away with shooting at 1/100. At this particular corner, the one at the end of the main straight where the cars are under heavy braking, I started out shooting at 1/500 and tried working my way down but by the time I got to 1/150 I had a hard time keeping both ends of the car in focus - the nose would be great but the back of the car got fuzzy. In my experience I can't seem to get much slower than 1/250 before getting consistently iffy results.

Most reactions

Back