Nascar Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way I wasn't directing that towards you, just towards the general public that views Pollock as dumb.

I agree, but you see my point?

Yeah. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder... or something like that. Lol

Everyone had different tastes and what I may think is an amazing photo or painting may not be as intriguing to someone else.

yep, i agree.

Anyone who says they are a professional photographer is a joke. There is not test, no standard, you dont need a degree to work in the field. Its an art form that artist use the word pro to justify themselves.

The word professional is used too often in this field. I know people who shoot on the side that do better work than full time shooters. A pro might be considered by one who makes 100% of their income through photography - yes hard to argue that in a financial sense.

Think of it this way Jackson Pollack is a famous artist - for what splatter paint? Then look at Monet and his work - amazing. Photography is an art and its how one person wants to portray to the public.

I agree 100% about the word professional being used too much in photography, I have been saying this since I started on this forum. I have also said that there are amateurs on this forum that are good enough that they could work full time as professionals, and that there are people working as professionals that are really nothing more than amateurs. It is an over used word. There is more to being professional than the word, and that word is used in every field of employment. This just happens to be the photo forum. I make all my money from photography, always have, probably always will. I work hard at what I do, I have an attitude when I need it, I am laid back and easy going when I work, I am relaxed because I do know what I am doing, and this comes from experience. I spend a lot of prep time getting ready for shoots so that there are no surprises, my clients have other things to worry about, they never have to worry about the product that I can deliver. I adapt to schedule changes and make things work when it doesn't look like they will. I show up prepared, first in, last out. I show professional courtesy to other photographers that I am working around, I respect the fact that we all have a job to do and if I can help any of them out with my knowledge and experience I do so without question. Acting like a professional while on the job is why I have clients that like to work with me.

If there was a market for inflated and inflamed egos, I'm be in here with a canning factory right now.

I don't think we're going to acheive anything useful here. Everyone go outside and take a picture of something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back