Natalie and Josh, Part 1

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Corry, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok, so I did my very first couple today...my best friend Natalie, and her husband Josh. We went out to Starved Rock State Park...totally unaware that there is a huge festival going on in the town nearby, and the park would be flooded with people. :S

Soooo...this was a lot more difficult than it could have been, and my options were more limited. I had WAY more planned to do...oh well.

I do realize some of these have lighting issues, but Nat and Josh like them (the one I feel has the most issues happens to be Natalie's favorite! :lol: ) AND I wish I would have had a reflector.

I've only edited a few so far...

Comments and critique appreciated. :)
    [​IMG]

2 (this is Nat's favorite)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 (my favorite)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 Can't decide if I like this one...I do know it's flat...crappy lighting...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, I'm gonna mess with the white balance in the last two...I'm too tired right now

2. justphotos

justphotos TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like them. a couple have lighting issues, but they look very well put together. Very nice

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    #4 is my favorite as well, that is a truly great capture. The other issues you already mentioned, lighting and some look a bit soft to me. I think you did a great job with the posing. I find that couples are the hardest for me to shoot.

4. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

#4 is far and away the best :) Very nice work, like I said in chat, there are some lighting issues as well as WB issues in the last two, but very nice overall

5. corrysidol

corrysidol TPF Noob!

OMG!!!!!! YOU DID AMAZING WORK! YOUR HIRED! :hail:

6. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Aren't you supposed to hire me BEFORE I hike around Starved Rock for hours taking your picture??? :scratch:

7. bowronfam3

bowronfam3 TPF Noob!

Well, I just have to say that I think you did a very, very good job. I know you said that you wished you had used a reflector in some of these, and I agree that it would have helped the coloring a lot. However, i'm sure you know that many of these kinds of issues can be worked out very quickly in Photoshop. I took the photo that your client had said she liked the most and thought I could play around with it a bit to make it something that you both can be really proud of. Your eye for composition and obviously getting them in a great mood and making them feel relaxed is excellent. So many people get shots like this where the couple looks cold and uncomfortable...good job with these! Just thought I would post an option!

-Crystal B.

ORIGINAL:
    http://[​IMG]

EDIT:

8. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    bowronfam...can you tell me what you did?

9. bowronfam3

bowronfam3 TPF Noob!

Sure! Most of what really brought this out was using the Shadow/Highlight tool.
    Then:
    Contrast
    Levels
    I made a selection of the blown out sky and replaced it with a sky that I had on file that matched the scene well.

I also selected just her nose area and using selective color I toned down some of the redness that was showing up on her nose.

I ran a VERY slight USM (0.2) on their eyes, nostrils and mouths.

Then, I just added the border

I'm pretty sure that's all I did, but if I remember something else i'll let you know!

What a happy looking couple!!!!

-Crystal B.

10. bowronfam3

bowronfam3 TPF Noob!

I worked on this one, too. I did pretty much the same things to this one. I just think it needed a little more pop. I hope you don't take offense to these edits. I just know that sometimes I need a few sets of eyes to get the coloring where it looks more natural. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, though...so just let me know if you want me to take these edits down.

Here's the before and after:

11. rp1600

rp1600 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Corry, 4 and 7 are my favorites. even though there are some lighting issues you did capture a nice pleasant mood.

12. bowronfam3

bowronfam3 TPF Noob!

Ok...i'm obviously extremely bored today...lol! I thought this one might look really pretty in B&W. Can I just say that this girl has AMAZING EYES?!?! They're just gorgeous!!