National Aquarium: Baltimore, MD(WARNING 15 shots)

The frogs kick ass. When you were shooting, which lens did you use? I am sure that there isn't a ton of light in there... like a zoo, and your images all came out pretty good. What settings did you use?

Oh, and #3 and #6 are my favorites.

I was using my Canon EF28-135mm f/3.5/5.6 USM IS for the frogs, and some of the dolphin shots...But most of the time it was my 80-200mm...The quality isn't that great, which is why I guess canon decided to discontinue it...but for now it's the best i could afford for only $35.

As for light, yeah...I was pretty disappointed with most of the light set ups...A lot of time it created a lot of glare on the cases.

awwww that little blue frog is sooo cute!!

These were probably the main reason I went to the aquarium in the first place. I find the vibrant colors of the poison dart frogs amazing....Unfortunately the cages they're in(both at the aquarium, and the zoo) are less than ideal for photography in terms of lighting, where the frogs are, and clarity of the plexiglass.

Very nice series. The parrots and frogs you did a good job on. # 14 the W.B. was a little off, but a cool bird none the less. If you want to know what the parrots are, here is a list. I know most could care less, but parrots are a passion to me.

2 - Sun Conure Parrot
9 - Yellow headed Amazon parrot
14 - Rose Breasted Cockatoo Parrot.

Very nice series. The parrots and frogs you did a good job on. # 14 the W.B. was a little off, but a cool bird none the less. If you want to know what the parrots are, here is a list. I know most could care less, but parrots are a passion to me.

2 - Sun Conure Parrot
9 - Yellow headed Amazon parrot
14 - Rose Breasted Cockatoo Parrot.

Thank you for the list, and the critique! I think the W.B. is a little off because of the saturation I added.

I had the same problem with the frog exhibit. We went EARLY one weekday morning, bought our tickets and turned around to see about four school buses worth of kids coming. ARGH!

I noticed the frog exhibit had; no space, very dark lighting, and at least one billion fingerprints on each case. It was a cool trip, but it was the day after I'd bought my 40D and I really wanted to shoot those frogs. I'll go back one of these days.

I did get some good stuff of the flamingos at the National Zoo though.

I had the same problem with the frog exhibit. We went EARLY one weekday morning, bought our tickets and turned around to see about four school buses worth of kids coming. ARGH!

I noticed the frog exhibit had; no space, very dark lighting, and at least one billion fingerprints on each case. It was a cool trip, but it was the day after I'd bought my 40D and I really wanted to shoot those frogs. I'll go back one of these days.

I did get some good stuff of the flamingos at the National Zoo though.

Yeah...another problem was all the little kids/people crowding around the cages.

I went to the national zoo a while ago, and came away with some great shots. It was still december though, so most of the things were hiding inside..

Although at the aquarium this guy seemed to have no problem sitting right near us and posing:
2207715329_45f551de1f_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back