National Geographic article predicting Katrina...

I find it very difficult to constrain myself and keep my big yap shut, but the board is not a political forum, I agree.

What makes it more emotional for me is I had spent app. 3 weeks in New Orleans and Louisiana. I had met some of the nicest, most hospitable people there that are permantley etched in my mind. When I see the news shows I am reminded of those terrific people..It truely was my favourite vacation.

Ok thanks for the explanations Core and Luminosity.

BECAUSE WHAT GOOD CAN COME OF A POLITICAL DEBATE? ARE YOU A POLITICIAN?

People can change opinions for the better. How can anyone learn what is the "right" way if we don't debate things? Politics isn't just for the politicians.

But lets stop talking abut it. :)

Everyone knew about the possibility of what happened just like everyone knows that a major quake is expected in CA. I know that in my area we could possibly get 7 feet of snow in one day again soon. I bet when the quake happens there will be political debates surrounding that too. I bet when we get that snow here there will be debate as well. It seems everything is related to politics, you can not escape it. However, I feel that this is not the place to discuss political views it is just like discussing religion there is never a "winner", nobody is right it just causes bad tempers and ill feelings. Many forums have a specific Political / Religious topic board - if wanted maybe the admins can make one of those (if in their infinite wisdom they feel it necessary). On this board I think maybe we can share ideas on how to help clean up, possible economic and social impact. Still boarding on political.

Thanks for the links, Cores and Robert.

Most reactions

Back