2578884518_02c89df50d_b.jpg

Haha
Love number 5
Looks like a lil' lumberjack

Nice shots, im hoping to get the the zoo this summer

Oops, I forgot one.... the frog. :)

6)
2580986828_7f644bdd66_b.jpg

awesome, I'm going to a zoo today myself, actually I'm on my way, just thought before I left the place I'd check the forum, as usual. cool shots.

Cool. I hope you'll post some of the images. :)

Nice photos. The tiger is impressive, as tigers always are. And the lion looks very ... masculine.

Some exposure problems with a tendency to overexposure in the sunlit or brighter parts, but some pp or cropping can remedy that easily.

The eyes are fantastic on the lion and the tiger, unusually so. On some of these it may help to adjust the levels, some of them look a little milky on my screen, but it could be my screen.

tim

Spot on eye catching there!
they don't look milky to me, but there is a certian omph (if that is even a word) lacking in the colours of the big cat shots - the sun hiding I think behind a cloud at the time
you could try what I did here:
http://overread.wordpress.com/2008/03/12/london-zoo-results-and-guides-1/
if you only have JPEGs to get some sunlight into the shots - works best in shots like yours where you can't see the sky.
Also one tip given to me is that when you are out and about during the day set your exposure compensation to -1 that should help prevent blown out whites from occuring as much

looks like it may have been a slightly hazy day or your colours need adjusting, I really like the captures though love the tiger

Ok, I've processed the images some... shadows, highlights, saturation. Hope they are better now. :)

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. I appreciate the feedback.

Oh, is it too late to post this one?

2578041385_703c4f8a25_b.jpg

I think over over did the grees just a little in the dragonfly shot - that last frog/toad is very nice - clear and a very sharp shot - especially the eye - well done

also just a little niggle, but its better if when you edit that you post up a new post with the edited shots in rather then edit the first - otherwise its hard for others to follow the thread when advice then has no meaning ;)

Overread, my daughter is asking me why a dog can write that there, (she thinks you are a real dog because of your avatar). Erik, for me they all seem improved quite a bit, perhaps as overread said the saturation on the dragonfly is a little high, but all much nicer and that frog is excelent.

tpe -- you are a real couger then ?
dogs chase cats - but I think cougers are a little large!

Most reactions

Back