National Zoo

CDubya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, This is from my trip to the national zoo let me know what you think. all taken with my 70-200mm f2.8 L USM and no post processing.

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

squinttonguetigerweb.jpg

APANDAWEBB.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

Hey, welcome to TPF!! You have some really nice shots here!!! (I wish you'd numbered them though. When you post more than about 4 shots, it helps viewers refer to them)

-#2: good detail in the owl's feathers
-#3: it's so rare to see the sloths out and about, it's great you got a shot showing its face, and its 'laid back' manner
-#4: great that the peacock was in full display mode, but the railing chopping it off at the legs weakens the shot very much
-#5: the details in the wood duck's feathers are so sharp I think I cut myself! But the twig obscuring its beak and foot is totally distracting
-#6: (bird with the 'food' in its mouth) nice compo, dof, and a 'caught in the wild' (rather than in a zoo) look to it
-#7: phenomenal colours...it looks like it's on fire
-#9: cool to see that pattern in the fish's 'skin'! (wish its snout was in focus too, though)
-#12: I'm totally in love with this panda shot!!! So cute.
-#13: Like this pic of the fluffy baby bird too. I think the soft focus works well with it

I really enjoyed seeing all these pics, and look forward to seeing more of your shots.

Thank you very much, yea in the future i'll try to remember to number my photographs. The zoo worker said it was surprising to see the sloth out too, he said they sleep in boxes hanging from the ceiling, and this one for some reason wasn't, the other one was definitely in the box light he said. and yes that stick in the duck photo, o man if i could have moved that thing without disturbing it i would have.

Like the peacock shot but :( @ the little rat thingy in the bird's beak. The look on the tiger's face is priceless.

Great pictures, they are all very vibrant and extremely sharp. I was down at the national zoo this summer and got some pictures of that panda bear, of course i was using a kodak camera at the time so they didn't turn out anything like you pictures!

Thanks for all the great feedback guys.

Most reactions

Back