Natura Artis Magistra...

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...thats the official name of Amsterdam zoo, but everyone calls it Artis. Been there again last weekend and took some shots:
Artis272.jpg

Artis273.jpg

Artis274.jpg

Artis275.jpg

Artis276.jpg

#6 not the best pic, but it was a funny animal. She pushed her nose against the window the whole time i was standing there (taking a breath every now and then offcourse)
Artis277.jpg

Artis278.jpg

Artis279.jpg

More to be seen on www.daanschouwe.nl
Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Lovelly shots! What camera and lens you using.

#1 my favourite I just wish you had got his full nose in shot. (personal choice)

#3 is interesting but doesnt really work for me as the leaves are just too distracting.

All in all, really good shots though, well done

You are making me want to go to Amsterdam to see that zoo!

Then again, I want to go there and get lost for a week or two in the Rijksmuseum, and then another week or two in the Van Gogh.

I am a fanatic for the art of Rembrandt, Rubens, Hals, Lastman, Judith Leyster (who I am in love with 400 years too late), Steen and (of course) Vermeer...

Vincent wasn't bad either.

Gorgeous!! #4 is my favorite... and actually, I really like #6! :) Artis must be an amazing zoo.

Hey!! Another Dutchy! :p

I ought to go to Artis again too! It has been too long!

I really like #2 and #8. Two is just amazing with those piercing eyes. Which lens did you use?

see ya,

Thanks for all the comments y'all :)
PushingTin - #1 I wanted to have the whole face, but a wired fence just doesnt help. So i cropped it like this to get the fence ouf of the pic. Its a bit different then i would normally crop, but i still like it (alot actually :)) #2 I allready have alot of shots of lioness laying there like that. Now they planted bamboo there. So i thought i'd try something different. I shot the top 5 with the Sigma 70-300 APO and the rest is shot with the Sigma 105mm 2.8 macro.
Sabbath999 - Its a great little zoo. Its in the middle of Amsterdam, so not very big. But there is more then enough to see. I really like the butterfly garden there.......and the aquarium...and the insectarium.......and, well the whole zoo actually :) Im not really into art, so i have to say i never been to one of the museums you mentioned (i know, shame on me)
The Losing Kind - yup it is :) Small but wonderful. They have plans to expand a bit, so it can only get better :)
MDW - goeiedag, #2 is shot with the Sigma 70-300 APO. Like i said, through a fence. So it was a bit tricky. But i like how it came out.

Awesome captures...good work!

Great work again Daan. #1 and #8 are my personal favs. gotta love Artis.

pascal

These beauties should be in the National Geographic!

Very nice set! I like all of them and can not really pick a favourite. One pic that has not been mentioned is the Otter (is it an Otter?) in #7.

love #5 and I'm strangely drawn to #7 for some reason :lol:

great stuff as always

Most reactions

Back