Natural Light portrait

I can't escape the notion that excessive crops relate to amature shooter. This crop disturbs me.

I like the original better than the edits a/c the skin tone seems to have more integrity than do the edits.

While I personally like soft focus (especially when the eyes, brows, hair, and mouth are sharply focused), I find that on some forums a soft-focus porltrait will evoke flame comments.

I can't escape the notion that excessive crops relate to amature shooter. This crop disturbs me.

I often find that the opposite is true: beginning shooters leave way too much in. I don't consider this the optimum crop, but one that works the best for me considering the start. That's fine if you don't like it, but please don't call me an amateur.

I often find that the opposite is true: beginning shooters leave way too much in. I don't consider this the optimum crop, but one that works the best for me considering the start. That's fine if you don't like it, but please don't call me an amateur.

Oops! Please accept my apologies, sir. I'm sorry that you mistook my comment as being directed toward you. I never in any way meant to insinuate that you were not a professional photographer as I do not know how you make your living. I stated how I arrived at my aversity toward over-cropping. My little brother has a difficult time not to over-crop when he shoots with my canon 20D--He's only 6 years old.

As in your comment above
I often find that the opposite is true: beginning shooters leave way too much in
you seem to be no less guilty of the rudeness you accused me of.

I'm sorry that you feel I was referring that you were less than a professional photographer because you happen to like over cropping.

As for myself, I am not a professional photographer because the majority of my income is not derived from my photography and therefore photography cannot be considered as my profession.

Lets suppose that you and I have gotton off on wrong footing and let's just start over, ok?

back to the image.....

I think it's just a WEE bit tight on top, but the bottom is bothering me a WEE bit more. I would like to see the converging lines formed by the collar to actually converge. The softening and vignette in the first edit is most appealing to me.

Brutally honest?... we need a hair brush here.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Most reactions

Back