natural light portraits - would love feedback to help me improve.

MonteMama

Calmer than you, Dude.
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been reading, browsing, practicing and so on like crazy for quite a while now. Here are some random shots from the past couple weeks... would love some input to help me improve. Specifically, as I'm just using natural light for now, I'd love any tips that will help me find optimal lighting for portraits.

p861070828-3.jpg

p828537878-3.jpg

p706816016-3.jpg

p105420022-3.jpg

p662505174-3.jpg

p134232431-3.jpg

What is there to improve? I absolutely love #2! :thumbup:

Are you shooting manual. Only thing I can see is some are overexposed: 1 (face), 3 shirt

~Michael~

Thanks for the comments.

Are you shooting manual. Only thing I can see is some are overexposed: 1 (face), 3 shirt

~Michael~
I switch it up... manual, aperture priority. Occasionally shutter priority. In #1, I am pretty sure that the SOOC exposure was ok, I bumped it up a bit in LR. #3.... that was a tough shoot and gave me even more admiration for wedding photogs who have to be sure not to blow out details on wedding dresses. :hail:

#1 is actually my favorite of the bunch. :)
Was #2 undexposed sooc?
I am guilty in general of underexposure (if there is a UA group out there - underexposers anonymous... I should probably join). This one wasn't really underexposed, though. Here it is sooc:

p822481673-3.jpg

Cute pictures! Only thing I can think to add to the other comments is to watch your cropping (example is fingers in #4).

Good job, overall!

Most reactions

Back