Nature Collection

xgriffin_o2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

Here are 4 photos I chose that I've taken over the last couple months, I would appreciate your opinions and critique. Thank you :)

1 - Woodpecker
2e43cc2c87564c101919815bc46d08d8.png

2 - Lupin Field
82ea3a384a5b448524141e8e95c47c5f.png

3 - Exploding Flower
73f5bfbf3a819a7e68a1456644a27c62.png

4 - Squirrel Chipmunk
f806374b098e5c9bb25f22942f3b3c66.png

Last edited:
Looks like you have a lot of pretty things to take pictures of!
Some very basic thoughts on each, since I don't really have time right now for a full critique:

1. Not bad at all. What was your focal length? That's a nice shot--however, you've got the woodpecker centered right in the middle. I'd crop so he's more toward the left of the photo, looking off toward the right, "through" the picture.
2. Lighting wasn't really ideal for this. That field has a LOT of potential for some great shots, but the flowers and field are underexposed, and so the bright blue sky becomes the "subject"--the eye is most attracted to the brightest part of a photo, generally speaking.
3. Again, great subject, but this just isn't that compelling compositionally, plus it's "flat"--there's not enough contrast, the lighting is dull. I'd take another look at this flower and walk around it thinking about how you might photograph it to make it more compelling. Don't be afraid to get down on the same level as the flower, or even BELOW it and shoot up.
4. The shadows are not ideal, but otherwise, this is pretty nice. Except it's a chipmunk, not a squirrel. ;)

Welcome to the forum!
Your Lupin Field has a lot of potential! The foreground seems a bit too dark. This shot would have benefitted from a graduated density filter.
Keep up the shooting!

Most reactions

Back