Nature or Street Photo's?

Harpy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What do you like the most, Nature or street photo's? I prefer nature.

As a beginner, nature is really the best. But I'd love to get into street photography - people are more interesting.

I do both in phases. Nature is wonderful but people with ferocious dogs running off the lead in nature reserves/river walks gets on my nerves. Been making street photos for longer but not much interesting stuff recently. there seems more attitude around my way for doing it these days...mainly from chavs.

Definition of a Chav for international users:
Chav - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Nature! But I guess taking shots in a dynamic city may be OK.

Definitely street... it's all about people, the faces
Yes it is. For me also. I like the subjectivity of making pictures in the streets.

Animals are people to me so I count any nature shot that has one in it as a portrait shot. I like both, couldn't choose actually. It's almost always about the faces with me, whether or not they are human makes no difference.

Animals are people to me so I count any nature shot that has one in it as a portrait shot. I like both, couldn't choose actually. It's almost always about the faces with me, whether or not they are human makes no difference.

I relate to that. Sometimes i predict/contrive pictures in the street where i'm parrallel to something i know will make a backdrop which appeals to me and wait for oncoming people to pass through. It can be a shame (when framing with the viewfinder) when they dont show up! and i look up to find them politely waiting for me to shoot before they walk by. They are a key element and yet they couldn't know it!

Since I'm also a beginner I'm doing nature because I love the outdoors but I do want to go and do some city stuff would be a blast!!!

I love the lines, angles, and architectual designs you find in the city shots. I like nature too, but I think nature is much more common than the city scenes.

I really enjoy both, but I would go with street and urban. Gotta love the contrating lines and shapes of buildings, people and faces in everday life, and the occasional moments that get over looked by all the busy people with places to go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back