Nature Shot CC

tresguey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was up in Bishop California last weekend. I tried to shoot a few long exposures but non of them came out very good at all. But I do like this one.
006-1.jpg

A long exposure might have worked if u got under that bolder, i.e closer.

Hi There.
Wish we had deciduous forests down here. Eucalypt Forests are just plain boring :)

You have a "distraction" in the top right corner there - the sky. should be easy enough to crop out. The other thing which I think is bothering me in this image is something completely out of your control :) It's a sunny day, so there is some harsh contrast happening. I think the shadows are pretty dark, and detract slightly from the image.

Composition overall is good, though if it were me I would have gotten down a little lower to the river - thats personal preference though. I really do like the colours in the trees going from that amber colours to the red. quite a pretty little scene.

I actually did get down closer to try a longer exposure. But it just came out completely blown out. I tried making a few adjustments to my camera shooting in manual. It just didn't work out like I wanted.

Yeah, you are absolutly correct, after cropping the sky out it's easier to look at.

I actually did get down closer to try a longer exposure. But it just came out completely blown out. I tried making a few adjustments to my camera shooting in manual. It just didn't work out like I wanted.

get a neutral density filter.

What is a neutral density filter? And what would that do?

I'm a newb so I don't know much.

UPS just delievered my Understanding Exposure today. So I can't wait to get home to read it.

sorry about that, a neutral density filter just cuts the light coming into the lens equally across all colors, hence having a neutral impact on the picture. they come in a number of different densities that will reduce the exposure by any number of stops. it will allow you to shoot extended exposures in broad daylight as if it were darker.

Neutral density filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neutral Density Filter
In short, it's a filter that reduces the amount of light coming in without affecting colour.
So you can do longer exposures for the same amount of light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back