Nature Walk

zombiekilla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
totentanz.darkverselight.com
I took a little walk today and got some neat shots. I thought I would share!

bridge.jpg

bridge2.jpg

coveredbridge.jpg

autum.jpg

red.jpg

berries.jpg

5 is of these wierd things that stick off of the trees in 4. Any clue as to what kind of tree it is?

That's a sumac.

Ha!
I did it!
I finally managed to memorize the name of that tree! Yay :boogie: :clap: :boogie: !!! :biggrin:

A pity the whole sumac is not in focus. They grow like weeds, so can be a serious pain in the ... erm ... you know ... backside, once you have one in the garden (as we do), but they get the nicest autumn colours (all possible colours in one tree), have lovely, soft-coated twigs, and produce these soft, red flowers (though I think this is when they are in their ... now what is that stage called when they are "ripe"? and can spread? For the flowers in the flower stage look yellow...)

I do like your second photo here - and you are going through a lovely spell of Indian Summer, I can tell.

I used to have a pic up here on a bee feeding on the new (still yellow) flower of a sumac but searched for that thread only to find the pics are no longer on the server. So, without wanting to hijack your thread here, just to show you their colour in early summer, here's that pic again:

Bee_in_Sumac_Tree_by_LaFoto.jpg

Yeh, these are some good shots. I really like the first three, they are really really good :). But then the fourth and fifth, I don't really care for them... But still those first three are amazing.

#2 is very cool, I also like the last one because of it's colors. Great job!

Most reactions

Back