Nature Walk

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by blackhawk24, Jul 30, 2007.

1. blackhawk24

blackhawk24 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey ya'll,
    I just got my first digital camera and went on a little walk. I saw this tree and thought I needed some pictures of it. What do you think I should have done differently? The first shot shows the area. No other angles are possible unless I learn to fly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey blackhawk, welcome to ThePhotoForum!

That is one lovely tree ... is it ALWAYS in that water, or is this a bit of flooding (you might be in the UK, so flooding isn't something entirely out of the question for you folks over there right now)? I am sure it would have fascinated me, too, had I come across it.

Nice photos, I also quite like the first that shows us a bit more of the surroundings, it gives us a nice feeling of "context", if you see what I mean.

Of the two tree pics I personally prefer the last, which has the tree a little beside the very centre of your frame.

But although you might feel a beginner both to this photo and to digital photography on the whole, I shall move your thread to the Landscape and Nature Gallery, since The Beginners' Place is more of a Q&A forum, ok?

3. blackhawk24

blackhawk24 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The tree is always in the water like that, I live in costal North Carolina. This picture was actually taken at the end of a third of a mile long boardwalk through a marsh in about 98 degree F heat. All that walking and the only thing that I was interested in taking a picture of was that tree and the walkway itself.

[​IMG]

The marsh grass is actually growing in about a foot of water.

Sorry about the wrong forum, and thanks for the comments.

4. Garcia

Garcia TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like this one :).