Nature's Natural Planes and Pilot

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Another one of the Osprey in flight. Motivated by all the planes.

Raptor3.jpg

Raymond J Barlow said:
I am amazed once again Canoncan!! this one really rocks! awsome!

Could not put it any better!
Tried to catch some ducks in flight on Saturday, but I was HOPELESS! By the time I had realised that the auto focus setting would NEVER get it and had switched to manual, they were long gone. And when I saw the second couple of mallards flying, I was WAY to slow to manually focus on them! So I am ten times more amazed at your "Natural Planes"-photos!!!!!!!

They are both great shots of the Osprey Canoncan. Are you using a really long lens - what kind of shutter speed are you shooting? There was a kestrel nesting in the wall of our hotel on holidays last week. I tried to get her in flight but she was just so fast. This is the best I could manage. It whetted my appetite for photographing birds and animals. Any advice would be great - sorry if this is hijacking your thread!

KestrelFlight.jpg

KestrelRoof1.jpg

Totally awesome shot Canoncan.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBrien said:
They are both great shots of the Osprey Canoncan. Are you using a really long lens - what kind of shutter speed are you shooting? There was a kestrel nesting in the wall of our hotel on holidays last week. I tried to get her in flight but she was just so fast. This is the best I could manage. It whetted my appetite for photographing birds and animals. Any advice would be great - sorry if this is hijacking your thread!

Hi O'Brien this was shot at 300mm shutter speed was 1/1250 at f6.3. The 20D has an al servo mode which basically locks the autofocus on a moving object. These though were manually focuused, a habit from my 35mm days. Panning and pulling focus has just been practice practice practice.

Thatz bad to the bone. I love Osprey's. I see them every day around here. One day I'll post one also. Great pictures!!!

Fantastic as usual :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back