Navigating the Silent Wonder

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2979177545_78fb56f63e_o.jpg

I very rarely go to other sites like TPF, but sometime in the past week or two I was browsing some other photo site (don't even remember where) but maybe that's where I've seen this photo before?

I really, really like this image. It belongs on the wall of a retail outlet like BassPro Shops or something like that. I design environmental graphics and rarely run across decent images for branding retail interiors, but this just has that feel to me. Imagine this images as a 10 foot high by 30 foot wide wall! Awesome!

But... I placed a piece of paper just below the blue of the sky and actually like it better without the sky. You may look at it and think "the sky's got to be there", but give it a shot and you may agree. The sharpness and contrast of the water and trees is very nice!

Have I seen it before? Or am I going nuts?

But... I placed a piece of paper just below the blue of the sky and actually like it better without the sky. You may look at it and think "the sky's got to be there", but give it a shot and you may agree. The sharpness and contrast of the water and trees is very nice!

I agree with this completely. Great image!

Ian

Might be just a tad over-sharpened for my taste, but still an awesome image.

Jon

I very rarely go to other sites like TPF, but sometime in the past week or two I was browsing some other photo site (don't even remember where) but maybe that's where I've seen this photo before?

I really, really like this image. It belongs on the wall of a retail outlet like BassPro Shops or something like that. I design environmental graphics and rarely run across decent images for branding retail interiors, but this just has that feel to me. Imagine this images as a 10 foot high by 30 foot wide wall! Awesome!

Hmmm... I'll have to look into the crop suggestion. Yes you might have seen it in the Landscape and Nature forum, but I have since removed it since I don't comments on them there for some reason.

I agree with this completely. Great image!

Ian

Thanks Ian

Jon

Tad oversharpened eh? I'll look into that when I have a chance to edit the picture. Thanks for the comment... Any and all comments are welcome.

That's an awesome picture.

I would love to do something like that, someday. Where's that at?

I said "wow" out loud. Amazing colors.

Jon

Is this more at what you had in mind?
2988863715_437ba3848d_o.jpg

Hmm, personally I don't like that crop. I quite like seeing the beautiful red leaves against the blue sky in the top left portion of the shot.

It's a very appealing image...so peaceful. I can practically hear the sound of the paddles gently dipping into the water. This one really speaks to me. Thanks for sharing it

without the blue sky, the colors of the trees look pretty muted.
bring back the blue sky.

Hmm, personally I don't like that crop. I quite like seeing the beautiful red leaves against the blue sky in the top left portion of the shot.

It's a very appealing image...so peaceful. I can practically hear the sound of the paddles gently dipping into the water. This one really speaks to me. Thanks for sharing it

without the blue sky, the colors of the trees look pretty muted.
bring back the blue sky.

I agree... I liked the sky in the shot better, but I was going to at least try it to see what others thought. The crop seems to cramp things a bit. Thanks for your comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back