Navi's Fall

Really beautiful! Were you in the water taking this one?

Another great shot Majeed! You're processing on these is always phenomenal

It's always a pleasure opening your threads, they never do disappoint. Another beautiful shot indeed.

Thanks everyone. appreciate the feedback.

Thanks! I'm getting antsy to get out of the Pacific Northwest though.

Hah, I'll trade you for New England anyday! If you're looking for a new area to explore, if you haven't been to the southwest, it was amazing. I'm dying to go back

Just push east to the La Grande or south down to Bend and you'll have totally fresh things to shoot.

Very nicely composed and shot, but I feel like the lower right hand third is rather underexposed. I'm sure the scene itself was dynamic, but to me the only part that seems properly exposed is the greenery above the falls.

Jake

How was the hike out to the falls?

Anywhere from moderate to strenuous depending on how fit you are.

Thanks! I'm getting antsy to get out of the Pacific Northwest though.

Hah, I'll trade you for New England anyday! If you're looking for a new area to explore, if you haven't been to the southwest, it was amazing. I'm dying to go back

Need more East coast landscape photogs!

Very, very pretty spot and nicely captured.

Thx!

Just push east to the La Grande or south down to Bend and you'll have totally fresh things to shoot.

What's East of La Grande?

Here's my central/eastern oregon stuff:
Majeed Badizadegan Photography Central Eastern Oregon

Very nicely composed and shot, but I feel like the lower right hand third is rather underexposed. I'm sure the scene itself was dynamic, but to me the only part that seems properly exposed is the greenery above the falls.

Jake

Thanks.

There are no clipped blacks, it's just dark because that's the direction I took it in processing. It's more important that the viewers eye travels to the top of the frame and down along the water than the surrounding featureless rocks. Assuming you are viewing on a calibrated monitor there is plenty of shadow detail.

your processing really makes your shots. you have a great style to it. always a pleasure to see what you do next. Its always inspiring!

There are no clipped blacks, it's just dark because that's the direction I took it in processing. It's more important that the viewers eye travels to the top of the frame and down along the water than the surrounding featureless rocks. Assuming you are viewing on a calibrated monitor there is plenty of shadow detail.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it. Good job it's another great photo!

You could come here to Kansas, to photograph brown water instead of blue, and in the summer the creeks gett this really nice scum over them!:biglaugh:

Majeed, another great waterfalls shot. just curious, how many of the Northwest's waterfalls have you shot. It almost seems like this could be a life's work for you. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back