neat image querie

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi guys, was hoping someone might be able to explain what 'neat image' is??!!! I gather its a post processing technique of some sort? I have photoshop7 and jasc paint shop pro and cant seem to find it in here?? thanks in advance, jemma

It is a seperate program (www.neatimage.com) which I presume you know is for getting 'rid' of grain/noise. There is a free version which can be downloaded as well as several upgraded versions I believe ranging from around $30-$80 which can be used as plug-ins into photoshop. Not certain whether that tells you anything new or not, but that is the limited knowledge I have of it.

it can work as a separated program or photoshop plug-in. when you install the program you have an plugin file in the folder. the plugin-file you need to copy to photoshoip plugins folder - than it works from PS.

Neat image is a great program removin noise from digital cameras. It finds automatically a part of a photo with only one color, meters the "noise" there and removes the noise from the photo. what's more it lets you set the noise level manually or load the noise profile. the last option work for me the best. I took a photo with a lens cap on (so the photo was all black) and I set this picture as a noise profile.

Most reactions

Back