Neat! New rival for photoshop!

I'm not that impressed with the Aperture program. I don't think it can do any thing that CS2 can't. Granted its just my opion, but time will tell.

Aperture if that's what you mean.

Minimum system requirements
Power Mac G5 with 1.8GHz or faster PowerPC G5; 17- or 20-inch iMac G5 with 1.8GHz or faster PowerPC G5; or 15- or 17-inch PowerBook G4 with 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor
1GB of RAM
One of the following graphics cards: ATI Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition; ATI Radeon X850 XT; ATI Radeon 9800 XT or 9800 Pro; ATI Radeon 9700 Pro; ATI Radeon 9600 XT, 9600 Pro, or 9650; ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 or 9600; NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL or 6800 GT DDL; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT; NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
5GB of disk space for application, templates and tutorial
DVD drive for installation
Recommended system
Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5 or faster
2GB of RAM
One of the following graphics cards: ATI Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition; ATI Radeon 9800 XT or 9800 Pro; NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL or 6800 GT DDL; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT; NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
5GB of disk space for application, templates, and tutorial
DVD drive for installation

I use it no problem with 512. Although it's become slow recently because I thin my processor is dying. The memory is less than a year old corsair so it's not that. I use photoshop along with opera, itunes and sometimes canon window or zoombrowser all on 512 and its a bit sluggish then. But if I only use photoshop then 512 is easily fine.

All depends on what you are doing. Using levels and curves isn't going to take any ram. Running a gaussian blur on a 20x30" 300 DPI tiff with 8 layers is going to be a bit different.

True Ture, I do agree it would be better with more RAM. When I get my computer for going to University I will be so hapy the one I'm using now is old and the CPU is an Athlon 1500 :lol: I could probably buy a better processor for ÂŁ30.

I built my computer from the ground up for $1200. It has a p4 2.8ghz HT 800mhz FSB with 2 gigs of ram, a 160 gig SATA hd, and a Radeon 9600.

Aperturre looks nice but if apple steps to heavy on Adobes flagship program I think will see CS3 or 4 released to crush aperture and adobe will always be able to undersell them as far as pricing goes. Plus apple does have final cut and the likes but as far as being in business Mac users sometimes hate the fact that there programs dont intergrate over on the Window platforms. It limits the industry as far as who you can use for production. Dont get me wrong I love my mac but I hate that all there programs bottle neck at computer intergration.

It is good to have some compition for Adobe though. They hold things back in new releases because they know there the big dog and can't be touched so they don't have to have the wow factor to be competive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back