Neat! New rival for photoshop!

Meysha said:
hmmm i haven't downloaded it yet. Do you think you could post a link to the site with info on it, instead of straight to the exe? so i could read a little bit more about it.

Could be rather exciting, if microsoft do it right and don't make the program too bulky. Adobe's stuff is very bulky and you need a powerful machine to get good results anyway I guess so that doesn't really matter.
i agree bridge is useless because of it's lack of speed but if you are looking for a program that's not bulky - microsoft would be about the last place i'd look! :greenpbl:

I love CS2! I think because I have a little more history with PS I would stay with it, that and I like being able to delve deeper into editing if I so desire. Although I am very good with learning new applications, and I always like trying new ones, sometimes I am lazy and rely on ole faithful. PS is my ole faithful. So much power and everything is right where it should be and with virtually unlimited customizabilty. It just seems to me that no matter how much I know about photoshop, there is always something else to be learned and some new and fun way of using it. I can hold nothing against Aperture because I haven't used it myself yet but I have heard nothing but good things on it. A buddy just got a fully loaded Powerbook, I will see what its like when he gets it.

My vote = Photoshop.

well bulky it really isn't. it's lightweight but powerful, unlike photoshop which takes a hell of a lot of my time. it looks more like picasa then photoshop really, but with more features. and for me photoshop is down the bin due to my absolute lack of time...

Nothing Rivals photoshop :thumbup:

It's flawless.

To say it's flawless would be to say they never need to come out with another version. It could be faster, smaller, and have more features, so we will always have new versions. And yes, PS CS really needs a gig to run without throttling back and bogging down, 2 gig to run really well, and 2 hard drives, the second as a scratch disk. I have always thought it interesting that a program written for the PC, and then ported to the MAC is the defacto standard. We will always have the debate MAC/PC, Nikon/Canon, Ford/Chevy and so on. Sort of makes life interesting don't it?

Getting it right in the camera is a BIG part of it. Most of us use PS for upsampling and resizing 90% of the time. Getting exposure, WB and compo nailed in the camera eliminated a lot of post processing.

for really fast retouching i use ACDSee too, and it works awesome.
But here I agree that PS is pretty unbeatable for advanced stuff (half of which I still don't understand...)

For workflow, if you don't want to buy a Mac, look at RawShooter Essentials. Free, and better than Bridge (though that's not saying much)

Why buy a Mac when they won't be around for much longer? Has nobody read about Apple's plans to drop their own hardware? They started developing a pc-compatible version of OS X long ago.

Most reactions

Back