Neck pain

Paparoksguitar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Neck_pain_by_paparoksguitar.jpg

The sun was hitting my room perfectly. So i did a quick portrait. Wanted to a shot like this for awhile.

Sry for the bad cutout, i didnt really like my bed as a backdrop and i was lacking in posterboard at the time..

soo, not one comment? Really? I actually thought i did well this time too...

it seems like there are a few highlights blown out, on the arm and on the neck of the shirt, with a diffuser of some sort it might have been able to spread the light a bit more evenly, which would look nice, even if it's just a white sheet ove the window or a frosted shower screen.

also with the face it just seems a bit oddas there is the bright light comming from camera right and then on the subjects left eye it's in shadow but the cheeck below it is lit.... just looks odd to me.

but keep up the work and keep practicing

A male should not lean there head to the low shoulder.

Angle is unflattering.

Face is underexposed.

Pose isn't attractive.

This is my honest opinion, and I am not trying to be mean. Just give you stuff to hopefully build off of.

A male should not lean there head to the low shoulder.

Angle is unflattering.

Face is underexposed.

Pose isn't attractive.

This is my honest opinion, and I am not trying to be mean. Just give you stuff to hopefully build off of.
to add...
Not sure what you mean by "Wanted to a shot like this for awhile." but if this were film, I'd say it is a waste of frame.
The good news, is now you have an idea of what not to do so you can only improve :)

Thank you guys. I appreciated the honest cnc. I didn't even fully realize it before but you are completely correct that the face is under exposed, i should have focused more on it.

I understand exactly what you are saying on all of them your crits, maybe next time i'll get it right. Thanks guys :)

Most reactions

Back