Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for a camera centric backpack that will hold:
D7100
2 small size zooms (17-70, 11-16)
1 mid size zoom (70-300)
1 small prime (35 or 50)
flash
spaces for small items like sd cards, extra battery and charger, filters etc.

It needs to also have a space for some non camera items like money, phone, car keys, small umbrella... Also it needs to fit under the seat when I fly. It will not be used all that frequently so only looking to spend about $50-$75.

My current LowePro sling bag is great for walking around with my camera and one extra lens for a few hours but sometimes I need to carry more and better weight distribution.

TIA for your recommendations!

I always try to get a backpack that has two shoulder straps. And a waist cinch belt.

Sorrrrrrry! No idea. Only have a big Lowepro backpack...

I had a lot of problems deciding what kind of bag I wanted. So far I have two backpacks, a bag, a hard case, and this last one (the green one) which I really like for walking around.

Men's Casual Military Canvas Cross body Sling Messenger School Travel Hiking Bag | eBay

It holds just the right amount of stuff, and not so much that you start wondering about your sanity for bringing so much. My wife liked it so well she got a slightly different one.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought the Amazon basics camera back pack for like $35 when I needed something to take on a plane. It's very functional, and has a laptop sleeve too. It definitely wouldn't be my everyday carry for my gear, but it might fit your needs and your budget.

If you're not going to use it all that often, have you thought about bag inserts to be used with existing bags?

I have a LowePro hiking backpack and the Amazon basics camera backpack. The LowePro is great, but it's too "technical"/bulky for flights, IMO. The Amazon one did not offer much storage for other things.

Wife and I are traveling in a few weeks, and I finally settled on an insert rather than separate backpack. I have this: Tenba BYOB 10 Camera Insert Gray 636-223 B&H Photo Video

But, I recently moved to a mirrorless system, so my equipment is relatively smaller compared to yours... There are other inserts: Case Inserts & Compartments | B&H Photo Video

I always try to get a backpack that has two shoulder straps. And a waist cinch belt.

Sorrrrrrry! No idea. Only have a big Lowepro backpack...

Since the 7100 is relatively small and most of my lenses are small I'm looking for something midsized. I agree about the 2 straps but likely would not wear the waist cinch belt unless doing some serious moving around like hiking...

Cambags.com

Plug and play. Put in the style of bag, the gear and browse.

I'll check that out thanks.

Lowepro Vertex 100 AW is a great medium weight backpack that I use for wedding photography. If you want light and discreet go with a lowepro sling. I have both.
Mickeal Photography

Thanks for responding. That Lowepro looks nice but is more than what I'm willing to spend. The sling is out, I definitely want a 2 strap backpack.

I had a lot of problems deciding what kind of bag I wanted. So far I have two backpacks, a bag, a hard case, and this last one (the green one) which I really like for walking around.

Men's Casual Military Canvas Cross body Sling Messenger School Travel Hiking Bag | eBay

It holds just the right amount of stuff, and not so much that you start wondering about your sanity for bringing so much. My wife liked it so well she got a slightly different one.

It's impossible to find one bag that fits all of your needs! I have 3 walking around bags depending on how much gear I'm bringing. The Lowepro Passport sling is my favorite because it's expandable. I also have a Coupler 5 million dollar home and a great non photo specific shoulder bag that I have added some padding to for when I just have my dslr and lens on the body, no extra stuff. I've even been known to stuff my 5100 and 35mm into my large coach purse if I'm going to a wedding or a party.

That one you have only has the one strap so not really what I'm looking for. I may have to go to my local camera store and try on some bags this week.

I bought the Amazon basics camera back pack for like $35 when I needed something to take on a plane. It's very functional, and has a laptop sleeve too. It definitely wouldn't be my everyday carry for my gear, but it might fit your needs and your budget.

Thanks, I'll look at that. I'm trying to find something that can double as a travel case on flights and a comfortable backpack for when I want to bring a lot of gear out with me.

I knew this was not going to be easy!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a Vangaurd Adapter 45 and love it. Small and light weight. Has quick camera release, rain gear, can carry tripod. It fits my EM5 and 5 lenses easily with room for accessories. Also can be carry on on flights. Use as sling or backpack. They have different sizes as well.

Vanguard ADAPTOR BACKPACK/SLING BAG - MEDIUM ADAPTOR 45 B&H

That one you have only has the one strap so not really what I'm looking for. I may have to go to my local camera store and try on some bags this week.

On the messenger style, the strap can be worn on one shoulder or placed over the head to the other side. Doing so will pull the bag toward the front making for easy access to the contents. Regardless of how it's worn it's a whole lot easier to get out of when you need to. The wife has a KAVU Rope Bag which is similar, more expensive and more of a woman thing. ;-) I didn't complain, because when we are hiking she now carries her own stuff instead of sticking it in my back pack!

I use a Vangaurd Adapter 45 and love it. Small and light weight. Has quick camera release, rain gear, can carry tripod. It fits my EM5 and 5 lenses easily with room for accessories. Also can be carry on on flights. Use as sling or backpack. They have different sizes as well.

Vanguard ADAPTOR BACKPACK/SLING BAG - MEDIUM ADAPTOR 45 B&H

This may fit the bill. Thanks for the tip - I wasn't looking at this brand. I'll see if they have it locally so I can try it on first but if not, online returns are easy enough!

Just out of curiosity, (who doesn't like a new bag ...), I've been looking at these bags. Some really nice bags ... but, (the big but), I noticed that none of them seem easy to lock. With my gear out of sight on my back, I think that would be a pretty important feature, especially if being used as a backpack in an urban environment.

Just out of curiosity, (who doesn't like a new bag ...), I've been looking at these bags. Some really nice bags ... but, (the big but), I noticed that none of them seem easy to lock. With my gear out of sight on my back, I think that would be a pretty important feature, especially if being used as a backpack in an urban environment.
You might like the Lowepro Flipside backpacks, which have the part that unzips against your back to prevent theft while you're wearing it. I found the 300 to be the perfect size for most trips - holds a body and 2 lenses, a flash, and I can even get a small travel tripod inside the bag if I rearrange the dividers. They make larger ones too, but the prices go up pretty quickly.

Good point. That's not really a feature I need for my planned usage but I can see how it would come in handy especially for traveling in areas known for pick pockets like Paris and Rome. I'm looking more for easy access.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back