Need a C/C please!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Stilltime, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Stilltime

Stilltime TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    She was all dressed up for a birthday party, so I figured what better time to take a picture of her? She's clean! :lol:

Before, shot in RAW:

[​IMG]

After, with a few adjustments:

[​IMG]

Any comments on composition (or in this case cropping), post production, or improvements for next time would be great.

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nice capture. A couple of thoughts: The cropping suits the image, but the rest of your post still needs a little work. The white of her sweater, esp. on the forearms is at least 1 full stop too bright, it's not blown, but very difficult to pick out detail, and the skin tones around her forehead seem to have a slight yellow cast.

3. Stilltime

Stilltime TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How would I fix those things.. in very basic terms. lol Preferably in digital photo professional. I have photoshop, but it just makes me want to throw things.

4. blash

blash TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I actually prefer the uncropped version - the second photo makes her appear flat while the original's depth of field gives some feeling of, err, depth.

Learn to use Photoshop. If by your comments you mean Photoshop Elements... get Photoshop and learn how to use it, it is the professional choice for a very good reason.

5. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What did you do to the edited image? Looks like you lightened it up a little too much. Could use a little more contrast too. And cooled down a touch...little too yellowish.