need a Canadian photo printing service

Kathleen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope someone can help. I saw the posting of who prints your photos, but there was no listing for Canada. I'd like to start selling my wedding photos to my clients, therefore I need a reputable & reliable service. Suggestions please?

Costco is the cheapest I've found, but whether that is reputable & reliable... I'll leave that up to you! :) I've had no problems when uploading via their website, but when I took a CD to their store, their automatic post-processing system butchered my photos. Apparently there is a check box on the kiosk to disable that, but I've been using their website ever since with no problems, so give that a try. I have printed 12x18's there and they looked great (and only $2.99!).

Nations Photo Lab does ship to Canada, but they take over a week to turn around photos. Also, their delivery quotes say, I think $7-8, but my last bill was $25. I did order 12x12s, though, so the larger packaging may have done it...

I have in the past used Vistek for prints however now I am using a US based photo printing service for prints, I am however currently looking into getting canvases done by a Vancouver based business. Will update when I know!

Carousel/Technicare in Edmonton does some pretty good Canvases. I haven't compared a bunch of different ones, but I've seen a bunch in person, and they look great. I don't know if they do them in-house, but I think so.

Nations Photo Lab does ship to Canada, but they take over a week to turn around photos. Also, their delivery quotes say, I think $7-8, but my last bill was $25. I did order 12x12s, though, so the larger packaging may have done it...

a week????
when I ordered photos they shipped the same day.. I got them in like 3 days.

Costco is the cheapest I've found, but whether that is reputable & reliable... I'll leave that up to you! :) I've had no problems when uploading via their website, but when I took a CD to their store, their automatic post-processing system butchered my photos. Apparently there is a check box on the kiosk to disable that, but I've been using their website ever since with no problems, so give that a try. I have printed 12x18's there and they looked great (and only $2.99!).

Agreed
i got 12x18s there and they also looked great!
and $2.99 cant be beat!

I've used Costco for personal stuff. The price was great and the results were better than expected...but not nearly as good as what you should get from a good lab. Since this is for your clients, I'd suggest using a good lab. It that requires you to raise your prices, it will be well worth it.

Looking for a good printing lab in Vancouver that is doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Any ideas?

Can't think of the name off-hand, but there is a photo printing place in Coboconk, Ontario that does canvas prints up to 8 feet long.

Most reactions

Back