need a flash

For the cost of an OEM flash
you could get 2 Yongnuo flashes with radio triggers, which to me is the better option. Because once you get one flash, you'll want a second to support a key & fill light, or equal lighting on 2 sides for product photography.

FYI, I have 1 x SB700, 2 x SB800s and a Yongnuo and Yongnuo radio triggers
For basic functionality you cannot go wrong with the Yongnuos.

For the cost of an OEM flash
you could get 2 Yongnuo flashes with radio triggers, which to me is the better option. Because once you get one flash, you'll want a second to support a key & fill light, or equal lighting on 2 sides for product photography.

FYI, I have 1 x SB700, 2 x SB800s and a Yongnuo and Yongnuo radio triggers
For basic functionality you cannot go wrong with the Yongnuos.

Thanks Astro, That is my line of thinking, I know i will be getting a second and radio triggers in the future. what are your thoughts on the
Neewer VK750 II i-TTL Speedlite Flash with LCD Display for Nikon D7100

I have always enjoyed using my SB-600 flash. Will use it on-camera (camera M and flash TTL) and then pull it off and go to Commander mode (camera M and flash in manual) in a few seconds.

Now I do think the third party flash units do offer a good option for a very good price, especially if you are looking at say three units and a wireless transmitter setup.

I have always enjoyed using my SB-600 flash. Will use it on-camera (camera M and flash TTL) and then pull it off and go to Commander mode (camera M and flash in manual) in a few seconds.

Now I do think the third party flash units do offer a good option for a very good price, especially if you are looking at say three units and a wireless transmitter setup.

Thanks Dave, I think that is the route that i will be going.

Well i pulled the trigger and went with the Yongnou 568EX, and some accesories. now i cant wait until Friday when it arrives. Im off this weekend and maybe the wife wont have to many honey-dos for me !!

Congrats. Enjoy

Thanks, theres going to be a learning curve but im up for it. been reading the strobist blog and am finding it very helpful with a ton of info. Thanks goes to tirediron for posting there link in another tread

So. My flash comes in and haven't had any time to do anything but check for shipping damage. Had time today and much to my surprise they sent me one for Canon. I'm a Nikonian. Now it's boxed up and sent back out and the new one should be here this week. Oh well at least Amazon stands up to what they say

Most reactions

New Topics

Back