Need a free program

Danny159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I am new to photography and I am looking for some free softwear and small in size to do 2 things...
One is to add a watermark if wanted and..
the second is to resize the image if needed... and then the program to save it in a new folder..

Does anyone know of a good program :p

Danny :heart:

Thanks, But thats like photoshop witch I have but its a long process... I just want a small one that does those two main things...

Danny

Irfanview is free and is good for some batch processing and minor tasks.

I'm not sure what Picasa can do, but it's free as well.

if you take the 20 minutes needed to read a quick how to for GIMP or photoshop you can do it VERY easily.
hell with CS3 you can add an action and have the program do the work for you by way of a keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for your replys,

I have photoshop and Adobe Lightroom... I was just asking if there was a quicker and easyer way.

Danny

There is a short video that explains the gist of creating a photoshop action:

http://www.tucows.com/article/959

What you need to do is record an action that takes an open photo, clicks on "save for web", sets the options within the "save for web" option, applies, and saves it to a known location. Once that action is created (and tested that it works), you can select multiple photos in the photoshop "browser" and do a batch apply of that "save for web" action.

You can create another action for applying a watermark and also apply that over a batch of photos.

The key is that once you create that action, you only have to do it that one time. Eventually you'll create your own library of actions that makes photoshop a whole lot quicker to apply changes.

Now here's the thing I don't quite understand. You said you already own lightroom. The two things you want to do is pretty straight forward in lightroom.

What I don't get is if you have photoshop and lightroom why you are concerned about getting a free program. Both of these are obviously quite expensive, and both will do the job (well, at least I know photoshop will for sure).

Thanks for all your help.... I have sorted it with photoshop actions...
They are so cool!

Danny :heart:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back