Need a lens hood.

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those of you that have a Minolta AF 28-135mm f/4-4.5 lens ... I am trying to find a lens hood suitable for for this lens (as Minolta never made one).

Where have you already looked? B&H has a pretty good selection of aftermarket hoods.

I have not found any specific information on a lens hood that is suited to that lens.

I have found a number of 72mm petal lens hoods ... but I am not sure if they are designed for this focal length.

I was hoping to find someone else with this lens (or focal length) that has a hood.

This lens came from the factory without a lens hood... likely for a good reason... it's front element was designed in such a manner that a lens hood would cause possible issues. Now, this is all conjecture by me, but why else would the factory not include a lens hood with the lens in the first place?

BTW, lens hoods are not all that expensive, so spending $20 to find out if that 72mm petal hood works or not is not a big thing (get the petal hood, not the round ones... it is a better design). Chances are it will work well, or you will definitely know why they came without one... lol

I have read many forum discussions on this topic ... nobody knows why Minolta did not manufacture a Lens Hood for it. The front element is huge on this lens, so it would be highly beneficial to have a hood for it.

This is (was) a very expensive lens ... rumored to be designed for Minolta by Leica ... maybe they were not commissioned to design a hood ?

Yeah, I was thinking of just buying a couple of hoods ... and cutting them down to size if they are too long.

Most reactions

Back