Need a little help...D7000 to D600

Rick99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone, I do not have a FF Camera. I have a D7000. I have been looking around and found a person selling a D600 for $800. I have been talking to him awhile and was able to get him to lower his price to $700. The camera has 14ooo actuations on it and comes with an aftermarket battery grip, an 16gb sd card, charger, cable etc.. I read a lot about the D600 and the oil spots. He said he never sent his back in to Nikon and hasn't noticed any but also he says he has his camera cleaned professionally every year. For $700 bucks, is this worth it? If there is a problem with the camera, I am assuming if I were to find spots, I can send it back in to Nikon for a shutter upgrade and if that doesn't work a D610? Is it worth the $700? TIA

That's incredible deal; buy without hesitation.

the oil spot issues is of no concern -- it's warrantied for life.

I would replace the SD card for a class-3 one however.

AWESOME....I thought it was a good deal to but after sleeping on it last night I woke up a little nervous!

first thing I'd do after getting it is testing it on a white wall/sky at f11 and look for oil.

if it's there, then fill out the service advisory form for the D600 on Nikon's website, get the free UPS shipping label, and send it off.

Then your $700 14,xxx actuations camera will now be a $700 0 actuations camera. Basically like putting a brand new transmission in a gently used car.

if the oil issue ever comes back, call nikon, complain, and work out a brand new D610 (or maybe something new has come out since then and youll get that model instead). so basically a new ~$1,500 camera for "free".

Thanks of the help...LOL just sounds to good to be true, doesn't it? Looking forward to shooting with it. Is there a huge difference from the D7000 to the D600?

Thanks of the help...LOL just sounds to good to be true, doesn't it? Looking forward to shooting with it. Is there a huge difference from the D7000 to the D600?
AF is about same but other then that the D600 is a big upgrade, low light performance on it is significantly better and so is dynamic range.
I too think its a good deal, while some D600 had these oil/dust issue not everybody had it, most likely you will not have issues and if you will as "Braineack" said you are covered for life, he knows what he is talking about he had the D600 and now the D610.

Wait a second. Check to make sure that it's not grey market. If it is, as far as I know, Nikon won't touch it. Last time I checked, at least.

Thanks of the help...LOL just sounds to good to be true, doesn't it?

how do you think I turned my refurbished D600 into a brand new D610?

Can you expand on the serial number? What should I be looking for? Will it say US on the camera? TIA

Is there a huge difference from the D7000 to the D600?
Yes.
I went from a d7000 to a d600
I shot a lot of indoor sports and outdoor sports,and everything in between.

If you use both in "perfect" lighting then there's minimal difference. But anything other than "perfect" lighting you'll notice a lot more flexibility in your exposure control.

The d600 is also physically slightly larger than the d7000. I found this out when my d7000 used to just barely fit into my backpack and the d600 DIDN'T. Many of the features, controls and menu options are very similar though as Nikon shares parts on all their platforms now.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I called Nikon and gave them the serial number that he gave me. They said it was under the affected list of D600's with the shutter problem and that I can send it to them to have it serviced or replaced (up to the tech who handles it). PICKING IT UP TODAY!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back