Need a Photographer For a Game Modification.

rhodeder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am starting a new mod for half-life 2 that will be called high definition. It will be a game that will compare to games 5 years from now. In Order for me to make a game like this i need a person to take photographs of various surfaces up close to create textures from. The Photographer will be listed in the development team. The mod will no doubt be listed in good pc gaming magazines most definetly "PC Gamer". I would like it if the person lived in a large town or city and owned a very good camera like a 1ds mark II. Overall the person with the best camera wins this position in the team. I will keep my eye on this topic feel free to pm me or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Derek

Oh, and it's not that hard to find the textures on your own...my boyfriend is a game developer, and he does his own textures (though I get some for him, too)

core_17 said:
Oh, and it's not that hard to find the textures on your own...my boyfriend is a game developer, and he does his own textures (though I get some for him, too)
This requires nice high resolution textures. I have over 1000 textures from online. I could only find one suitable for the game. That was this brick texture. In this screenshot im comaring the brick texture to the left to mine which is on the right. The one on the left is one from a new game. The Next one shows the texture from a new game up close. The rest ignore the ground texture and the gun model is all not part of the mod. Just ignore it. The gun model i will use in mine will be much better.
screen2.jpg

screen1.jpg

Id love to help, but Alas, I only have a 300D.
Im an amid gamer, and big fan of the Half Life genre, aswell as half life 2, I hope I can help!

thats source all right...

good luck with the mod, but im not sure your going to find what you are looking for here.

Artemis said:
That new game looks like CSS to me...
Whenever you start a new source hl bases it on css so it will work at first. I havent got to editing the engine yet, right now im working on modeling and producing game materials.

whats a mod? and surely you should be looking for person with most skill rather than best camera? I could buy the best camera in the world and all the top equipment wouldn't make my photos decent though ;)

Abstract said:
whats a mod? and surely you should be looking for person with most skill rather than best camera? I could buy the best camera in the world and all the top equipment wouldn't make my photos decent though ;)

A Mod is a complete conversion for a game. Pretty much you use only its game engine capabilites and you make a entirely new game out of it. About the camera I need high resolution images. I Dont even own a 1ds mark II but i know if i handled one i could easily take some good photos with it if i took some. A person really doesnt spend good money like that on a camera if they dont want to learn how to use it to its full capablities. I just need to be able to have images at crisp quality. It cant have blurry images or be full of noise. It has to be crystal clear. So i would need someone with a high resolution camera like a eos 20d - 1ds mark 2 and have it at full resolution capabilities and also a low iso like 100 or lower.

The project wont take up much of your time. I will only need a photo of a surface taken maybe twice a week. I would like to have someone full of talent and with a very nice camera offer to use his or her service to help get this project going. If you would just take some photos with your expensive camera just a little i would be so grateful.

You don't need someone with a 1ds mark II, something like a 300D or D70 will take stunning images at a higher resolution then you could ever use. What do you need a 4992 x 3328 texture for? sounds like overkill to me.

pursuer said:
You don't need someone with a 1ds mark II, something like a 300D or D70 will take stunning images at a higher resolution then you could ever use. What do you need a 4992 x 3328 texture for? sounds like overkill to me.

the game will be 18 CD's and take 32.6 days to load :)

MDowdey said:
the game will be 18 CD's and take 32.6 days to load :)
no lol, the texture size limit is 2048 x 2048 i would at least want a camera that can go that high and still have nice crisp images.

rhodeder said:
no lol, the texture size limit is 2048 x 2048 i would at least want a camera that can go that high and still have nice crisp images.

Well a canon 300D can do 3072 x 2048, larger then you can use.

Most reactions

Back