Need a tip for diffuser | Old strobe

Ironlegs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, i recently got an old used strobe and i seriously need a diffuser for it if i want to do some studio-like portraits. Any ideas please ?

This is the strobe i got
10331_DF-220U.jpg

Just a point of order, that's a continuous (fluorescent) light, NOT a strobed light.

I am sorry i didn't know, does it make any difference in a choice of diffuser though ?

Not overly - although you need significantly less density of diffusion material with continuous light. If you're just after something inexpensive, a yard of white, rip-stop nylon from any fabric store will work well.

It means you can safely use almost anything, since the temperature of fluorescent tubes is so low, compared with the HOT! output light from quartz-halogen lamps, and even repeatedly-fired electronic flash, which can be pretty hot. Fire danger ought to be very minimal, so even vellum paper will work. Vellum is actually a very good diffusion material. Did you see the video I ljnked to, and how they suspended the diffusion material from a simple arm, hung in front of the light unit?

Most reactions

Back