Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a quick and easy .jpg resizer for Windows Vista. All it has to do is take a large, hi-res .jpg (5-6mb) and be able to turn it into a 1024x768 image of <200kb.

It's for someone with limited computer skills and even less computer patience. Ideally something akin to the WindowsXP PowerToy Image resizer which was nothing more than a right click menu option. It has to be small, light-weight, and preferably have some basic preformated sizes to choose from. Output quality isn't a big concern.

IrfanView...
It´s not stand-alone and simple like the Resizer in XP, but does offer you a few other fairly quick and powerful things as well. Worth a look at anyway.

EDIT: maybe there´s a gremlin at work...I tried to edit via 3G (UMTS) while travelling on a high-speed train across Germany :doh:

IrfanView...
It´s not stand-alone and simple like the Resizer in XP, but does offer you a few other fairly quick and powerful things. Worth a look at anyqay.

Irfanview's a great tool, unfortunately, it has a few too many moving parts for the person who needs this. I'm looking for something ideally that doesn't do anything else.

If I were you I would just set up a photoshop action.

I am looking for a quick and easy .jpg resizer for Windows Vista. All it has to do is take a large, hi-res .jpg (5-6mb) and be able to turn it into a 1024x768 image of <200kb.

It's for someone with limited computer skills and even less computer patience. Ideally something akin to the WindowsXP PowerToy Image resizer which was nothing more than a right click menu option. It has to be small, light-weight, and preferably have some basic preformated sizes to choose from. Output quality isn't a big concern.

Check out QuickResizer You can right-click on a jpg file in Windows Explorer and it will resize the photo for you. Or you can resize all jpg files in a folder with just a click of the mouse.

For batching, I use Picture Resize Genius, especially the 123 process, it's pretty quick.
2870867333_5d1c3a7863_m.jpg

Most reactions

Back