Need advice: b/w or color?

Joerocket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been looking at this picture for way too long, can't decide on b/w or color, or if I even like it...

color:
cove.jpg

b/w:
cove_bw.jpg

Thanks in advance!

-Joe

I prefer the color. I like how the green trees break up the photo. But, I don't like the bottom. It looks like the flash was fired up close to the ground. Maybe a little more contrast on the b/w?

hmm, I didn't use a flash. I did bump up the contrast a bit but I see what you mean it could use a little more. I turned the saturation up on the color one so maybe thats what messed it up. Thanks for the feedback!

-Joe

i also choose color.

i choose B&W and would remove a small portion of the bottom.

I prefer color - you can see more detail and contrast!

the colour at the bottom of the colour one is so nice i have to say colour too, perhaps a little post processing if you really want to do something with it, say desaturate over a gradient mask combined with a threshold so as the only bits with colour are the lower lighter bits? Although on second thoughts the colour pic is certainly my fave and for me much more powerfull than the b&w

tim

tpe said:
...say desaturate over a gradient mask combined with a threshold so as the only bits with colour are the lower lighter bits?

hmm, thats a little over my head with PS, I think I'll put this pic away 'till I can tackle something like that, thanks for the help!

-Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back