need advice on camera upgrade

What is your budget?
budget is very tight. $1800 for 7D2 might be doable, with an effort. $3300 for 5dmk3 is not really in near future. I saw some deals on ebay and some other places for body at around $2600, but I am a bit wary of those deals, there are some bad comments about sellers and $2600 is still way out of my budget. basically something about $2000.

Honestly it sounds like the expectations from a camera are too high. Short of some of the highest end lenses and bodies there isn't much that can be done.

Sometimes it's just too dark.

here shoot with canon 60D, tamron 70-200 f2.8, ISO 1600.
oh it looks much better because the image got much smaller, dang it.
I guess I'll have to upload it to flickr

Attachments

• 10259130_789562691056243_5200466039708795417_o.jpg
    10259130_789562691056243_5200466039708795417_o.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 145
here shoot with canon 60D, tamron 70-200 f2.8, ISO 1600.

What is the exif info?

Are you spot metering? Dialing any exposure comp? What mode are you shooting in?

If you are worried about the low light stuff, consider the 6D. It is full frame, but will be slower on the fps than the 7D2.

I know a couple of professional photographers in my area that are shooting football with the 6D and are happy with the results.

this looks pretty good to me.
Pine Siskin with Canon 7D Mark II | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

if my 60D wasn't broken I would put a photo at the same iso from 60D to compare. if I was abot to shoot at ISO 1600 I will probably need to up it up to 3200 to increase the shutter speed a bit.

It wouldn't be a very fair comparison.
why wouldnt it be a fair comparison? granted the lense is different, but still tamron and per some answers here people said that 7d mk 2 has almost same iso capabilities ad 7D which is nearly identical to 60D?
did I get this mized up somehow?

why wouldnt it be a fair comparison? granted the lense is different, but still tamron and per some answers here people said that 7d mk 2 has almost same iso capabilities ad 7D which is nearly identical to 60D?
did I get this mized up somehow?

Too many variables out of your control. For a true comparison you'd need the same lens, same settings, same subjects and just switch the bodies.

Are you spot metering? Dialing any exposure comp? What mode are you shooting in?

I dont have access to exif now, from what I remember : evaluative meetering, manual mode. f2.8 ISO 1600 1/500 sec or maybe 1/640sec.

Too many variables out of your control. For a true comparison you'd need the same lens, same settings, same subjects and just switch the bodies.
yeah, you are right. i guess I will have to rent it and see for myself.

I dont have access to exif now, from what I remember : evaluative meetering, manual mode. f2.8 ISO 1600 1/500 sec or maybe 1/640sec.

I would never shoot sports in manual mode. Try Tv mode and spot metering. Set the speed to 1/400-1/640. ISO to manual and go from there.

yeah, you are right. i guess I will have to rent it and see for myself.
looks like I can rent it for $100 for a week. I might just do that.

I would never shoot sports in manual mode. Try Tv mode and spot metering. Set the speed to 1/400-1/640. ISO to manual and go from there.
it was in the manual mode because it was purposely slightly underexposed to keep the ISO at 1600. I hardly ever shoot in manual, but I felt in this case I have no surprises when some parameters change unexpectedly. Since then I had figure out how to set cap for Automatic ISO, but then I didnt know it.

I think it's silly to suggest that one particular camera is perfect for you. No matter what you get you will be sacrificing something depending on your needs. Get a camera that's great in low light, high iso performance and the burst speed and buffer may suck. For some people, that can be a deal breaker.

2 reviews.

CANON 7D mark II: SETUP, NOISE PERFORMANCE AND REVIEW

I think it's silly to suggest that one particular camera is perfect for you. No matter what you get you will be sacrificing something depending on your needs. Get a camera that's great in low light, high iso performance and the burst speed and buffer may suck. For some people, that can be a deal breaker.

2 reviews.

CANON 7D mark II: SETUP, NOISE PERFORMANCE AND REVIEW

the video was very helpful. thank you!

Most reactions

Back