need advice on filters and step up rings

hazzayoungn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so, im in the market to get a bunch of filters and polarizers, maybe a star point if im so daring...

I have 67 and 52 filter sized lenses, but I was thinking, if im ever in the market for a new lens, itll probably be a 77 since thats where nikons going with their lenses

so the advice i need is, would it be worth it to just go all out and buy only 77mm filters and an additional step up ring to avoid buying all new filters should i ever buy the lens? or...should i just get the 67 and one step up ring

thanks

Alternatively, you could look at square filter systems (such as Cokin or Lee for example). You would buy a filter holder and and adaptor for each lens. I find it easier to use than circular filters as you don't have to unscrew and screw filters again when you want to move them from one lens to another.

I am thinking of buying a step,up ring (67-77) can anyone tell me if the lens hood will still fit?

I use polarizers frequently when doing landscape photography, so I find it more convenient to have a separate polarizer on each lens.

For star filters or graduated neutral density filters, I use the cokin holder and have step down rings for each size.

Most reactions

Back