need advice on point and shoot

cameramike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedifilippo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my brothers looking to get a point and shoot; size doesn't really matter preferably smart media, not a camera that uses a battery pack, and optical zoom at least 3x. under 200$. whats your guys picks?

I have the Canon Powershot A570is which costs about $179 retail. It has a nice little grip which makes it comfortable to hold, it has several shooting modes including Apeture priority, Shutter priority, manual. You can set ISO and WB. Plus with use of a lens adapter you can use a teleconverter and wide angle lens and filters with it. They start at about $70 each. Oh - it has an optical viewfinder and a 2.5" LCD, and built in flash. It has a 4x optical zoom and 7.1 megapixels.

I second that.
The A570IS takes good pictures, fits into the pocket, uses those AA sized batteries ( re-chargeable ones would give a good battery back up)

I recommend you could also look at the A720IS which is a newer cam, with 6X optical zoom, 8MP & about the same size, should cost $200 -or+ $20

I recommend you could also look at the A720IS which is a newer cam, with 6X optical zoom, 8MP & about the same size, should cost $200 -or+ $20

I have the older version of the A720IS, the A710IS and it is excellent.

Here is a walk-around of a zoo I shot exclusively with it (before even reading the manual, I just popped in the batteries, the memory card, and went to shooting). The only issue I have ever had was in the "red rocks" area of the zoo the auto white balance got funky.

A710IS Zoo Pictures

birdis.jpg

thanks guys, that was the camera i was looking at for him but figured i'd ask the people i trust the best.

Most reactions

Back