Need advice on possible causes of grainy/pixelated negs!!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by connieallyson, Oct 8, 2004.

1. connieallyson

connieallyson TPF Noob!

in the last several weddings i have shot, some of the negs have come out without the amt of subtlety and detail that they should have. i shoot kodak vc 400, fuji nph, agfa apx, and delta 400 (all 35mm).

the images that the negs produce have lots of unnatural looking grain (almost a pixelated effect), and not enough transitional tones within shadows, etc.

the negs that turn out this way have been both natural light and flash photos, shot with several different cameras and lenses.

it is extremely bizarre/troubling, and i would appreciate any insight anyone might have.

2. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Are the troubled negs all from the same type of film or from all of the different types you mentioned? how old is the film? did it get exposed to heat/ extreme cold? have you asked the processor? it could be on their end too...

3. connieallyson

connieallyson TPF Noob!

I buy my film fresh from calumet a couple days prior to each event. so to my knowledge they arent exposed to any extremes. and yes, the problem has appeared in both the color and to some degree the b+w (the b+w is just more grainy than it ought to be). the problem is more exaserbated in the color. Even more odd, within a job (around 25 rolls of film) only some rolls demonstrate these troubles.... other rolls are normal..

4. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Can you post some examples?