need advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by JonMikal, Aug 5, 2005.

1. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

trying to get video off my camcorder and want to put the entire tape on a cd. whats a good program for doing this? the prepackaged software only allows 10 min clips at a time. thanks

2. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

You can use either Adobe Premiere or a little program I found a while back called video explosion deluxe. I don't think the program on xp will compress it that far but you could check it as well.

The video can take up to 15 GB per hour of film and I've had it eat more, FYI.

3. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use Ulead Video studio.

It's OK for editing and adding effects & stuff but I don't know how well it'll handle copying a whole tape to CD/DVD though.

4. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I'm with Hobbes, but do watch the space...it fills quickly. Premiere is a great program, you may be able to find an old version of it on the net somewhere and avoid the high cost of it.

Not sure if it's possible to avoid a program all together and tranfer the video straight through the cd by hooking the camcorder into the computer, but I think there's a way to do it. I just can't remember how...