Need advise for a good starter telephoto lens.

theRuckas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was recently taking pictures at the Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational here in Hawai'i when it became blatantly obvious that my Canon 28-135mm just wasn't going to cut it for what I wanted to photograph.

I've been looking around for a decent starter telephoto lens but there are so many that I can't decide. Anything over $700 is simply out of the question at this point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was recently taking pictures at the Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational here in Hawai'i when it became blatantly obvious that my Canon 28-135mm just wasn't going to cut it for what I wanted to photograph.

I've been looking around for a decent starter telephoto lens but there are so many that I can't decide. Anything over $700 is simply out of the question at this point.

For surfing i use a Canon 300mmF2.8L with a 2x and that is not always long enough, not sure how much a 400mmF5.6 is over there but it's a graet lens

To bad you're about $300 short, probably the best starter long lens going right now it the Sigma APO 150-500 F/5-6.3 DG HSM. Sigma | 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Autofocus Lens | 737306

Maybe you can find a used copy. Good glass with long reach is expensive.

Most reactions

Back