Need Advise

wallyjog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had mentioned in another thread that I was buying my first digital camera. I have 2 old lenses an AF Nikkor 35-70 1:3.3-4.5 and a AF Nikkor 70-210 !.4-5.6 as recommended i am getting a 7000 for compatbility and want to pick up a new lens and wanted to hear some recommendations since you can get a nice package deal i am also concerned that there are some quality problems with some of the newer lenses.. I am not a pro i just love to take pics and digital is so much more convenient any help would sure be appreciated cheers wally

Need Advise.....any help would sure be appreciated
Use a spell checker. It's - Need advice. It's surprising how many new to TPF spell advice wrong. It also appears your keyboard shift key only works intermittantly.

i am also concerned that there are some quality problems with some of the newer lenses..[sic]
What are your concerns and which lenses are you concerned about? I'm not aware of any quality problems with any of Nikon's currently offered lenses, beyond issues related to design and cost constraints.

Recommending lenses to you would require a lot of speculating, because you don't indicate a budget nor what genre of photography you persue.

Recommend just start shooting with the lenses you have. And determine what your needs & style require down the line.

If wanting to add to it would look at maybe SB-700 flash to start. Or add a prime like the 35mm or 50mm f1.8 to round out the kit.

Recommend just start shooting with the lenses you have. And determine what your needs & style require down the line.

If wanting to add to it would look at maybe SB-700 flash to start. Or add a prime like the 35mm or 50mm f1.8 to round out the kit.
Thats what i figured but should i get the kit with the 28-105 vr as if i decide to add it later it will be more costly Its definitely somewhat crossing over what I have already or should i play around and then decide later thanks everyone for their advice

Need Advise.....any help would sure be appreciated
Use a spell checker. It's - Need advice. It's surprising how many new to TPF spell advice wrong. It also appears your keyboard shift key only works intermittantly.

i am also concerned that there are some quality problems with some of the newer lenses..[sic]
What are your concerns and which lenses are you concerned about? I'm not aware of any quality problems with any of Nikon's currently offered lenses, beyond issues related to design and cost constraints.

Recommending lenses to you would require a lot of speculating, because you don't indicate a budget nor what genre of photography you persue.
No budget and I am a recreational amateur family vacations etc. I have read that on some of the lenses especially the kit offerings that the mounts are plastic and very fragile

AF Nikkor 35-70 <--i had one of those old lenses. Aperture broke on it and its a $50 lens and my local photo repair wanted $65 to fix it so i said no. But I miss that thing, it took sharp pics indeed.

The 24-70 I replaced it with does too.... but i still want another 35-70 as a throw around lens.

I recently acquired a 18-105 VR for pennies, it just doesn't seem as sharp as that old 35-70 was.

I have a few plastic mount lenses that have been no problem thus far after thousands of knocks and photo's.

Enjoy it.

AF Nikkor 35-70 <--i had one of those old lenses. Aperture broke on it and its a $50 lens and my local photo repair wanted $65 to fix it so i said no. But I miss that thing, it took sharp pics indeed.

The 24-70 I replaced it with does too.... but i still want another 35-70 as a throw around lens.

I recently acquired a 18-105 VR for pennies, it just doesn't seem as sharp as that old 35-70 was.

I have a few plastic mount lenses that have been no problem thus far after thousands of knocks and photo's.

Enjoy it.
so are you recommending i buy the body only and use the 35 to 70 lens and forgo the kit 18 to 105 it adds 281 thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back