Need C&C!

Frozen_N_Time

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to get my foot in the door with photography, and am working on getting my website up and running. Of course I need some photos on this website, and really need some C&C. I don't have many with me right now, but I will post up some from a recent trip to photo hot air balloons, please critize all you can, I really need and it won't hurt my feelings any!

Thanks in advance!

DSC_0084copy.jpg

blackwhite.jpg

chasecrew.jpg

group.jpg

hanglider.jpg

sunrise.jpg

I'm not how sure there is such a thing as "getting your foot in the door". In my experience and limited scope of understanding, it's pretty much constantly working you butt off to stay in the door. But the venture is worth it, if you love the craft.

The pictures are looking pretty good so far.

What kind of modifications did you make in post? Your colors seem rich enough for my taste. The JPG conversion suck out some of your saturation. But it looks like that worked out just fine.

Your cropping is technically good, but I would challenge whether or not technicality is best in this circumstance. Because hot air balloons have been photographs so many times in the past, perhaps your cropping could allow for a more creative interpretation of the subject.

Looking through the lens at the balloons, I'd ask the two questions "Why am I about to take this picture?" and "does what I see in this viewfinder really best communicate my intentions?"

I think those things would add a good deal to your work. I would also probably be more subtle with borders and watermarking. But that's just personal taste.

Good work. Let's see some more.

All in all they look very nice. The horizons are off on 1,4(maybe),6. Number 4 looks a little over saturated and the sky in number 2 is blown out, but it may just be my monitor.

In addition to what they said ^^^^. 2 and 3 looked like they could be brightened a bit. 4 was very cool. Nice overall, really.

Hell of a lot better start than I had. :)

Most reactions

Back