need feedback on Canadian photog Schools

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by tholiver, Mar 4, 2010.

1. tholiver

tholiver TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi forum noob here! Need to some real-world feedback on Canadian Photography schools/programs.
    I'm specifically looking at the photography program at Langara College in British Columbia, the Digital Photography program at The Centre For Arts and Technology (Kelowna BC), The Vancouver Institute of Media Arts, The University of Victoria photography program.
    My background is not in fine arts, I have a Bachelors degree in Archaeology and Medieval history and have certification in a museum related field. Through these i have done some paid and unpaid work doing field and lab (artifact) photography. Previous to that I have been an amateur photographer, doing mostly lanscapes and macro stuff. i am serious about this and have already contacted the above schools regarding requirements tuition etc.
    Basically i want to get the best-bang-for-your-buck maximum-value photographic education available (from a respected/accredited school/program). Any feedback regarding negatives or positives of the above schools would be greatly appreciated. And if there are other schools you would recommend i look into (or avoid) i would be glad to hear about that as well.
    So fire at will,lol!
    :D