Need furniture advice...

Corry, do you have a Furniture Factory Outlet closeby? My parents got mine and theirs for 300 bucks and got them to throw a frame in with it....furniture row is also a good place to check, sometimes they've got sertas for 300...300 for a queen is about the cheapest I've seen...remember to haggle with them to, try to get them to throw in a frame, even sheets and stuff, or just come off the price :)

We bought a queen sealy pillowtop something or other in May, I think total cost was about $550. The one bad thing about nice new beds is you never want to get out of them :lol: which can be a blessing in disguise ;)

eromallagadnama said:
Corry, do you have a Furniture Factory Outlet closeby? My parents got mine and theirs for 300 bucks and got them to throw a frame in with it....furniture row is also a good place to check, sometimes they've got sertas for 300...300 for a queen is about the cheapest I've seen...remember to haggle with them to, try to get them to throw in a frame, even sheets and stuff, or just come off the price :)

Thanks...there is some sort of factory outlet thingy nearby that I'm gonna check out tommorrow. That's where my boyfriend got his, and most likely where I'll get mine, but I still wanted some advice since it is a big purchase, and I don't wanna get ripped off. AND I'll still shop around, too.

Well...I MAY have found a KICK @SS DEAL!!! Not sure yet, as I haven't actually SEEN the bed. Anyway...I went to the factory outlet place, and the cheapest Queen sized bed they had was around $300. That was a little more than I wanted to pay at the moment (found one elsewhere for a bit cheaper, too), so I told him I'd check back. (he said he gets in new stuff every week, and could get in something cheaper at any time). As I was walking out, he stopped me and asked me if I would be interested in a floor model, or a repo. I told him yes, as long as it was in really good condition. He showed me a bed they had there in the show room...a really nice one that had a bit of a pillow-top type mattress...he said he had a queen like it in the warehouse that he'd give me for $200. New, this set goes for $600!!!!! :shock: No, I haven't paid for it yet. I made sure I could see it and everything before I paid and took it home (duh)...but I'm so excited! :) Now I just have to find a new comforter and sheet set.

Get it and worry about sheets later...

Steve :thumbup:

core_17 said:
Well...I MAY have found a KICK @SS DEAL!!! Not sure yet, as I haven't actually SEEN the bed. Anyway...I went to the factory outlet place, and the cheapest Queen sized bed they had was around $300. That was a little more than I wanted to pay at the moment (found one elsewhere for a bit cheaper, too), so I told him I'd check back. (he said he gets in new stuff every week, and could get in something cheaper at any time). As I was walking out, he stopped me and asked me if I would be interested in a floor model, or a repo. I told him yes, as long as it was in really good condition. He showed me a bed they had there in the show room...a really nice one that had a bit of a pillow-top type mattress...he said he had a queen like it in the warehouse that he'd give me for $200. New, this set goes for $600!!!!! :shock: No, I haven't paid for it yet. I made sure I could see it and everything before I paid and took it home (duh)...but I'm so excited! :) Now I just have to find a new comforter and sheet set.

Sounds like a sweet deal :) Hope it works out!!!

Yup...definately working out! I went and paid for my bed today, and after my boyfriend was done with what he had to do today, he went and picked it up and took it to my house (I had to work). Today when I was at the store though...the owner of the store looked up the actual book price of this bed...he was wrong..not $600. NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! I GOT A $900 BED FOR $200!!! Tell me that's not cool. It was a repo, so it's ~slightly~ used. There is one stain on it that looks like red koolaid or juice, but I got some oxy clean today and I'm gonna try to get it out, but if not, it'll be covered by sheets anyway. :) I'm happy. I just finished taking down the old bed, and setting up this one. It was a pain in the butt. I'm sweating and the ac is on. That pillowtop mattress is HEAVY and not very evenly balanced, so it was really hard to move. Anyway...I'm gonna stop talking so I can try to clean that juice stain, and get to SLEEP in my new bed! (sorry, I've NEVER had a new bed, so I'm a little excited.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back