Need help/advice FL-50 flash

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by keebaw, Aug 21, 2009.

1. keebaw

keebaw TPF Noob!

I have an olympus e-3 and the TL-50 flash. I am trying to set up my small product studio and want to use the TL-50 off the camera to light the scene. I want to be able to position it far away from the camera. I am looking for something to trigger this flash. Is there an Olympus TTL cable that is not the dinky curled up one for the bracket? I am looking for a cable that is 5 to 10 feet long maybe, or a wireless trigger system that is compatable with olympus equipment. Trying to find info or stores that sell something like this is very hard for me to locate as the setups which might work for me don't specify compatibility with my camera.

Thanks for advice in advance

2. Cero21

Cero21 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    You could always sell your FL-50 and buy a used FL-50R (don't think you would see a huge investment if you did this). The R can be triggered directly from the camera. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link to another forum but you can find used FL-50Rs from time to time on a certain fourthirds specific forum. PM if you don't know what site I am talking about.