need help buying 35mm camera

blkcloud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi, i want to get a new 35mm camera and want a real simple auto focus type but i want it to have the feature so that when you push the button the camera takes the picture..not hesitate for 5-6 seconds...i have some small children and i swear everytime i go to take the picture, when i get them where i want and push the button by the time the camera takes the picture they have already moved or looked the other way..i had a old canon i used for 20 plus years and when you pushed the button it took the picture..i have bought 2 more since and they are nothing but aggravation...please help. thanks,keith

Welcome to the Forum.

The best thing to do would be to try them out in the store. You shouldn't need to have film in the camera to check the shutter response time.

Most 35mm film cameras are pretty fast, as far as I know. There was probably a reason the camera took so long to take the photo. Something like the auto focus was still focusing or maybe the camera did a pre exposure flash to meter the scene and then fired it again to take the shot.

Or you could just get an old camera like you used to have. As they say...they don't make them like they used to. :D

I think Big Mike's right. You'll probably find the camera was still focussing. Shutter-lag on film-cameras shouldn't be that bad (pitty that can't be said for most digital cameras though :roll: ). You need to press the shutter-release part way down to get it to focus and lock the exposure, then press it all the way down at the right moment.

Nikon N80 is priced right, easy to use, and is quite capable of action shots. i use one at the motocross track. works well.

Most reactions

Back